Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed January 23, 2013
McConnell Comments On Obama’s Inaugural Address
Kentucky’s senior U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell says the political agenda outlined by President Obama in his inaugural address marks a return to what he calls the era of liberalism.
The senate minority leader made the claim Tuesday at a Washington press conference. McConnell called the speech unabashedly far left of center, saying, in his words, that it brings back memories of the Democratic Party of ages past. He told reporters the President’s agenda won’t bring the country together or fix its most pressing problem of deficits and debt. McConnell says that unless that problem is fixed, today’s children won’t inherit the kind of America that was left for their parents.