Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
Wed January 23, 2013
McConnell Comments On Obama’s Inaugural Address
Kentucky’s senior U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell says the political agenda outlined by President Obama in his inaugural address marks a return to what he calls the era of liberalism.
The senate minority leader made the claim Tuesday at a Washington press conference. McConnell called the speech unabashedly far left of center, saying, in his words, that it brings back memories of the Democratic Party of ages past. He told reporters the President’s agenda won’t bring the country together or fix its most pressing problem of deficits and debt. McConnell says that unless that problem is fixed, today’s children won’t inherit the kind of America that was left for their parents.