Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
- Western Kentucky Short on Primary Care Physicians, Training Programs
Wed July 24, 2013
McConnell Calls For Help At Fancy Farm
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has placed robo calls to GOP voters in Kentucky urging them to attend a church picnic in the western Kentucky community of Fancy Farm next week. Fancy Farm doubles as a raucous political showdown between Republicans and Democrats during an afternoon of stump speeches.
It's especially important to McConnell this year because he's running for re-election, and he will have to share the stage with Democratic contender Alison Lundergan Grimes. McConnell says he will kick off his re-election campaign at the picnic, which he billed as "the summer event you won't want to miss." The political speeches are part of a fundraiser for St. Jerome Parish that typically draws some 10,000 people and generates about $250,000.