Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Wed January 2, 2013
MCCH's Penner Talks Challenges, Focus for Hospital's Future
Murray-Calloway County Hospital CEO Jerry Penner has headed the local healthcare provider for two years now. One of his main focuses has been improving quality of care. In 2012, MCCH was among Kentucky hospitals struggling with financial problems related to changes in the state’s healthcare system. Penner was recently one of five Kentucky hospital leaders who met with Governor Steve Beshear to discuss slow reimbursements and a high claim denial rate from the state’s Medicaid managed care organizations. Penner recently joined Angela Hatton in his office to talk about how healthcare continues to change in our region.