Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed March 13, 2013
MCCH Announces Layoffs and Cost Cutting Measures
Murray Calloway County Hospital is laying off 28 employees and implementing other cost cutting measures this week. MCCH President Jerry Penner says in a press release that the cuts are a response to a $7.5 million shortfall in patient volume since last October and a decline in Medicaid reimbursements. Penner says the cuts are regrettable but necessary to keep the hospital running.