Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed October 7, 2009
Mayor Paxton: HARC Wrong
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah Mayor Bill Paxton says the decision to block Greyhound from combining its terminal with the Paducah Area Transit System offices on Ninth and Harrison streets is wrong. The Historic and Architectural Review Commission recently came to that conclusion after Lower Town residents complained that crime would increase. Paxton says those comments offended river industry officials, whose employees often make use of Greyhound buses. He says he has ideas and hopes to initiate talks soon to negotiate a compromise.