Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed October 7, 2009
Mayor Paxton: HARC Wrong
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah Mayor Bill Paxton says the decision to block Greyhound from combining its terminal with the Paducah Area Transit System offices on Ninth and Harrison streets is wrong. The Historic and Architectural Review Commission recently came to that conclusion after Lower Town residents complained that crime would increase. Paxton says those comments offended river industry officials, whose employees often make use of Greyhound buses. He says he has ideas and hopes to initiate talks soon to negotiate a compromise.