Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed October 7, 2009
Mayor Paxton: HARC Wrong
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah Mayor Bill Paxton says the decision to block Greyhound from combining its terminal with the Paducah Area Transit System offices on Ninth and Harrison streets is wrong. The Historic and Architectural Review Commission recently came to that conclusion after Lower Town residents complained that crime would increase. Paxton says those comments offended river industry officials, whose employees often make use of Greyhound buses. He says he has ideas and hopes to initiate talks soon to negotiate a compromise.