Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed October 7, 2009
Mayor Paxton: HARC Wrong
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah Mayor Bill Paxton says the decision to block Greyhound from combining its terminal with the Paducah Area Transit System offices on Ninth and Harrison streets is wrong. The Historic and Architectural Review Commission recently came to that conclusion after Lower Town residents complained that crime would increase. Paxton says those comments offended river industry officials, whose employees often make use of Greyhound buses. He says he has ideas and hopes to initiate talks soon to negotiate a compromise.