Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue June 5, 2012
Mayfield Vet is Oldest in Kentucky
A Mayfield man living in a Graves County retirement center has been honored as the oldest Kentucky member of the Disabled American Veterans.
State DAV officials held a ceremony Sunday in honor of John Baldree, who turned 102 in March. Baldree received a 60-year service pin. Mr. Baldree’s nephew, Randie, says his uncle was an engineer in the U.S. Army during World War Two and helped build airfields in the Philippines and Australia for the Army Air Corps. Randie Baldree says his uncle has told about the humorous events overseas, but never discusses memories of the Japanese bombings.