Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue June 5, 2012
Mayfield Vet is Oldest in Kentucky
A Mayfield man living in a Graves County retirement center has been honored as the oldest Kentucky member of the Disabled American Veterans.
State DAV officials held a ceremony Sunday in honor of John Baldree, who turned 102 in March. Baldree received a 60-year service pin. Mr. Baldree’s nephew, Randie, says his uncle was an engineer in the U.S. Army during World War Two and helped build airfields in the Philippines and Australia for the Army Air Corps. Randie Baldree says his uncle has told about the humorous events overseas, but never discusses memories of the Japanese bombings.