Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue June 5, 2012
Mayfield Vet is Oldest in Kentucky
A Mayfield man living in a Graves County retirement center has been honored as the oldest Kentucky member of the Disabled American Veterans.
State DAV officials held a ceremony Sunday in honor of John Baldree, who turned 102 in March. Baldree received a 60-year service pin. Mr. Baldree’s nephew, Randie, says his uncle was an engineer in the U.S. Army during World War Two and helped build airfields in the Philippines and Australia for the Army Air Corps. Randie Baldree says his uncle has told about the humorous events overseas, but never discusses memories of the Japanese bombings.