Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue June 5, 2012
Mayfield Vet is Oldest in Kentucky
A Mayfield man living in a Graves County retirement center has been honored as the oldest Kentucky member of the Disabled American Veterans.
State DAV officials held a ceremony Sunday in honor of John Baldree, who turned 102 in March. Baldree received a 60-year service pin. Mr. Baldree’s nephew, Randie, says his uncle was an engineer in the U.S. Army during World War Two and helped build airfields in the Philippines and Australia for the Army Air Corps. Randie Baldree says his uncle has told about the humorous events overseas, but never discusses memories of the Japanese bombings.