Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue June 5, 2012
Mayfield Vet is Oldest in Kentucky
A Mayfield man living in a Graves County retirement center has been honored as the oldest Kentucky member of the Disabled American Veterans.
State DAV officials held a ceremony Sunday in honor of John Baldree, who turned 102 in March. Baldree received a 60-year service pin. Mr. Baldree’s nephew, Randie, says his uncle was an engineer in the U.S. Army during World War Two and helped build airfields in the Philippines and Australia for the Army Air Corps. Randie Baldree says his uncle has told about the humorous events overseas, but never discusses memories of the Japanese bombings.