Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri August 28, 2009
Mayfield Town Hall Health Reform
Mayfield, KY – A town hall-style informational meeting on proposed health care reform met in Mayfield last night. The event was hosted at Trace Creek Baptist Church and put on by Paducah's News-Talk radio. A panel made up of the stations' staff and Paducah physician and Kentucky Medical Association vice president Shawn Jones answered audience questions. Those questions focused on death panels', government funded abortions and affordable prescription drugs. Many audience members leaving the meeting said the same thing: health care reform won't be settled in one night. Shawn Jones hopes the meeting motivated more people are motivated to download and read the proposed House Bill thirty-two hundred.