Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri August 28, 2009
Mayfield Town Hall Health Reform
Mayfield, KY – A town hall-style informational meeting on proposed health care reform met in Mayfield last night. The event was hosted at Trace Creek Baptist Church and put on by Paducah's News-Talk radio. A panel made up of the stations' staff and Paducah physician and Kentucky Medical Association vice president Shawn Jones answered audience questions. Those questions focused on death panels', government funded abortions and affordable prescription drugs. Many audience members leaving the meeting said the same thing: health care reform won't be settled in one night. Shawn Jones hopes the meeting motivated more people are motivated to download and read the proposed House Bill thirty-two hundred.