Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue March 17, 2009
Mayfield Police Chief Resigns
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – Mayfield Police Chief Dale Murphey has announced he will officially leave his post April 1st. Murphey submitted his resignation due to health reasons. The chief had been injured in a car accident in 2007 and has continued to suffer from those injuries. Mayfield Mayor Arthur Byrn says the city has not determined the details of the new police chief search, but says the city will probably not look out of state for the next chief. He hopes the replacement will put a positive face on the department and be someone the officers can rally around. Murphey served as police chief for seventeen years.