Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue March 17, 2009
Mayfield Police Chief Resigns
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – Mayfield Police Chief Dale Murphey has announced he will officially leave his post April 1st. Murphey submitted his resignation due to health reasons. The chief had been injured in a car accident in 2007 and has continued to suffer from those injuries. Mayfield Mayor Arthur Byrn says the city has not determined the details of the new police chief search, but says the city will probably not look out of state for the next chief. He hopes the replacement will put a positive face on the department and be someone the officers can rally around. Murphey served as police chief for seventeen years.