Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed November 3, 2010
Mayfield Mayor-Elect Cantrell on Election Results
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – The city of Mayfield has voted in its first female mayor this election. Teresa Cantrell defeated incumbent Mayor Arthur Byrn by just under a thousand votes. Cantrell wants to thank her supporters for what she calls an incredible vote of confidence in her ability to lead Mayfield over the next four years. She anticipates her first move as mayor will be all about organization.
"I want to meet with the new council members as well as the old council members, maybe even individually to get their feelings, their preferences and kind of work along with them and also share with them some of my ideas and some of my goals."
Cantrell has worked in the Mayor's office for over 20 years. Her current boss, Mayor Arthur Byrn, was unavailable for comment.