Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed November 3, 2010
Mayfield Mayor-Elect Cantrell on Election Results
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – The city of Mayfield has voted in its first female mayor this election. Teresa Cantrell defeated incumbent Mayor Arthur Byrn by just under a thousand votes. Cantrell wants to thank her supporters for what she calls an incredible vote of confidence in her ability to lead Mayfield over the next four years. She anticipates her first move as mayor will be all about organization.
"I want to meet with the new council members as well as the old council members, maybe even individually to get their feelings, their preferences and kind of work along with them and also share with them some of my ideas and some of my goals."
Cantrell has worked in the Mayor's office for over 20 years. Her current boss, Mayor Arthur Byrn, was unavailable for comment.