Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed November 3, 2010
Mayfield Mayor-Elect Cantrell on Election Results
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – The city of Mayfield has voted in its first female mayor this election. Teresa Cantrell defeated incumbent Mayor Arthur Byrn by just under a thousand votes. Cantrell wants to thank her supporters for what she calls an incredible vote of confidence in her ability to lead Mayfield over the next four years. She anticipates her first move as mayor will be all about organization.
"I want to meet with the new council members as well as the old council members, maybe even individually to get their feelings, their preferences and kind of work along with them and also share with them some of my ideas and some of my goals."
Cantrell has worked in the Mayor's office for over 20 years. Her current boss, Mayor Arthur Byrn, was unavailable for comment.