Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed October 2, 2013
Mayfield KSP Post Develops School Training Program
The Kentucky State Police post in Mayfield has been training school employees in how to respond in a crisis with a special training program that the post created.
Lt. Brent White says police have trained nearly 700 school staff members in 13 schools, and he says feedback indicates those employees feel more confident.
The training includes about an hour in the classroom, then school staff is put through about four scenarios during an additional two hours of training.
The staff is given an active-shooter scenario, and White says the training focuses on school staff being the true first line of defense in such a situation.