Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Health and Welfare
Mon March 26, 2012
Mayfield to get Air Ambulance Base
A private air ambulance service, is establishing a base in Mayfield, Kentucky. Air Evac Lifeteam plans to open the base adjacent to the Jackson Purchase Medical Center in mid April. Officials say the post will employ between 12 and 15 people, and serve communities within a 70-mile radius of Mayfield. The subscription service operates with membership fees, providing free transport for members.