Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Health and Welfare
Mon March 26, 2012
Mayfield to get Air Ambulance Base
A private air ambulance service, is establishing a base in Mayfield, Kentucky. Air Evac Lifeteam plans to open the base adjacent to the Jackson Purchase Medical Center in mid April. Officials say the post will employ between 12 and 15 people, and serve communities within a 70-mile radius of Mayfield. The subscription service operates with membership fees, providing free transport for members.