Front Page A.M.
Fri May 18, 2012
May Conversation with MSU President Dr. Randy Dunn
By Chad Lampe
On this month's conversation Dr. Dunn discusses:
- MSU's Board of Regents decision to boost tuition by 4% instead of the proposed 3% recommended by Dr. Dunn and the administration.
- MSU's Board of Regents decision to increase the scope of the planned Paducah extension campuby $200,000. The $10m bonded project is funded by a joint agreement between Paducah, McCracken County and MSU.
- MSU's new College of Education Dean, Dr. David Whaley and the changing scope of outreach for that college.
- The MSU softball team narrowly missed winning the OVC tournament championship this season. But this week Coach Jay Pyron didn't receive a renewal on his contract.
- Murray State Student David Wilson. Wilson confessed to having bomb making materials in his residential college room and was dismissed from the University. This the university reported that he may be able to re-enroll with some caveats. He would be on probation and he wouldn't be allowed in the residential colleges.