Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu January 3, 2013
This May Blow Your Mind: Video Of New Year's Eve Fireworks In Reverse
Originally published on Thu January 3, 2013 10:27 am
Before the holiday mood completely disappears, take a break if you can to watch this video of the New Year's Eve fireworks in Melbourne, Australia.
The guy who made it, Julian Tay, writes he was:
"Curious to see what fireworks would look like if I played it backwards. Turns out, it looks pretty awesome. Playing it in reverse gives it that cool slow-mo feel which is strangely soothing and tranquil. Totally opposite of the true nature of fireworks."
And, yes, this has been done by others. But with about 120,000 views (and counting), Tay's has quickly become the most-watched of the YouTube videos that pop up for us with a search of the term "fireworks in reverse."
(H/T to Gawker.)