Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu October 11, 2012
The Master at Maiden Alley Cinema
This week, Paducah’s Maiden Alley Cinema presents The Master, the story of a troubled World War Two veteran, played by Joaquin Phoenix, who falls under the sway of the charismatic leader of a movement that bears an uncanny resemblance to Scientology. But director Paul Thomas Anderson intends this film to be much more than just a critique or analysis of a controversial religion. Todd Hatton and Maiden Alley Cinema’s Larry Thomas take a look at The Master.