Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue March 16, 2010
Massac-Metropolis Port Board Elects Chairman
By Chris Taylor/Paducah Sun
Metropolis, IL – The all-new Massac-Metropolis Port District Board met for the first time last night, voting to install Metropolis attorney Richard Kruger as its chairman. Kruger tells the Paducah Sun the seven-member panel's priority will be to create jobs and he wants the port to be the northernmost, ice-free river shipping center running year round. The board announced its first order of business will be to soon identify possible port sites, particularly those with railway access, and to survey existing area industries to determine their needs and plans.