Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed February 3, 2010
Massac County Sheriff Primary Results
By Chris Taylor
Metropolis, IL – Massac County voters selected Ted Holder and John Barr, both of Metropolis, to be the two major party candidates for sheriff in yesterday's primary election there. 52-year-old Holder won the Republican candidacy over Richard Douglas of Brookport with 83 percent of the votes. 51-year-old Bar took over half the Democratic votes, beating out Kevin Meyers of Brookport and Patrick Meyer of Metropolis. With low voter turnout and only 29 percent of the ballots going Democratic, John Barr tells the Paducah Sun he has his work cut out for him leading up to the general election in November.