Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed February 3, 2010
Massac County Sheriff Primary Results
By Chris Taylor
Metropolis, IL – Massac County voters selected Ted Holder and John Barr, both of Metropolis, to be the two major party candidates for sheriff in yesterday's primary election there. 52-year-old Holder won the Republican candidacy over Richard Douglas of Brookport with 83 percent of the votes. 51-year-old Bar took over half the Democratic votes, beating out Kevin Meyers of Brookport and Patrick Meyer of Metropolis. With low voter turnout and only 29 percent of the ballots going Democratic, John Barr tells the Paducah Sun he has his work cut out for him leading up to the general election in November.