Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue April 17, 2012
Marshall County Tourism Board Supports Alcohol Sales
Marshall County’s Tourism Board voted last night to support the legalization of alcohol sales in the county. The resolution in an updated version of one passed 10 years ago. It states the tourist commission believes the lack of legal alcohol is hurting tourism in the area. Tourism Director Randy Newcomb says the board needed to take an official stance on the matter. He says,
“I think that the board putting their stamp of approval on this resolution shows that it’s very important to our industry. I have several resort owners on my board and so they see it as a potential growth for Marshall County economically if this passes.”
The group Marshall First turned in the petition to legalize alcohol sales in Marshall County last month. The vote on the matter is set for July 17th, the same day as a similar vote in nearby Murray.