Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue March 3, 2009
Marshall County Small Business Damages
By Austin Carter
Marshall County, KY – The Marshall County Chamber of Commerce is asking small businesses in the county for damage estimates related to January's ice storm. Chamber officials say the effort will help state and federal governments put a price tag on the storms. Once the data is recorded, the Kentucky Division of Emergency Management will work with FEMA and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to determine whether Governor Steve Beshear should seek an SBA disaster declaration. Such a declaration could result in additional aid and services.