Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri July 24, 2009
Marshall County Seeing Bigger Thefts
By Chris Taylor
Marshall County, KY – Marshall County is seeing a rash of burglaries and thefts recently. Sheriff Kevin Byars says the thieves seem to be targeting lawn care equipment. Over $50,000 worth of commercial-grade lawnmowers, weed eaters, blowers, and a truck with custom-built trailer were among items reported stolen from two area businesses. Byars says lawn care equipment can be resold quickly at high value and thinks this latest haul has probably gone out of the state.