Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed July 11, 2012
Marshall County Chamber Releases Alcohol Election Business Survey
The Marshall County Chamber of Commerce has released the results of its survey of local opinions on the upcoming county local alcohol election.
Of the 73 chamber businesses surveyed 63 percent said they were in favor of allowing alcohol sales in the county, though only about 33 percent said they thought alcohol sales would directly help their business. Chamber Board Chairman Dave Washburn says the survey is not meant to endorse a particular position. Marshall County’s local option election is set for July 17th, the same day as a similar vote in Murray.