Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed July 11, 2012
Marshall County Chamber Releases Alcohol Election Business Survey
The Marshall County Chamber of Commerce has released the results of its survey of local opinions on the upcoming county local alcohol election.
Of the 73 chamber businesses surveyed 63 percent said they were in favor of allowing alcohol sales in the county, though only about 33 percent said they thought alcohol sales would directly help their business. Chamber Board Chairman Dave Washburn says the survey is not meant to endorse a particular position. Marshall County’s local option election is set for July 17th, the same day as a similar vote in Murray.