Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- Murray City Council to Consider Anti-Begging Ordinance, Halfway to Downtown Park Fundraising $
- Kentuckians, Get Ready For Health Insurance Rate Hikes
- Could Rand Paul’s Struggling Presidential Bid Imperil His Senate Seat, Too?
Fri November 23, 2012
Marshall Co. Students' Ornaments to Hang in D. C.
Christmas tree ornaments created by Marshall County students will hang on Kentucky’s tree in the 2012 National Christmas Tree display. Each state has a tree in the President’s Park in Washington D. C. Students from South Marshall Middle School, Benton Middle School and Marshall County High School created ornaments inspired by Kentucky’s outdoors, its history and traditions, and the Kentucky Derby.
The Marshall County Arts Commission and the Kentucky Arts Council organized the project. The National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony is Dec. 6.