Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon September 3, 2012
Marshall Co. Schools Eliminates Letter Grades
Marshall County Schools has eliminated letter grades at all six of its public elementary schools. The system is applying a standards-based grading system for the current school year. Instructional supervisor Abby Griffy tells The Paducah Sun all the county's elementary schools will assess student performance by describing levels of comprehension on what is being taught instead of assigning letters based on averaged grades.
Griffy says mistakes made early in learning are not counted against students who later demonstrate acceptable levels of understanding of the material under the new system. Student will receive a comprehensive designation of Exceeds Mastery, Mastery, Partial Mastery or Non-Mastery.