Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Sun September 9, 2012
Marshall Co. Joins Schools Moving to Standards-Based Grading
A Marshall County grading system change means no more “straight A’s,” and no more “F’s.” Marshall County School System this year began a plan to eliminate letter grades at all six elementary schools. The district has joined others across the state implementing a “standards-based grading system,” in which teachers measure learning based on skill sets. The first school to make the change is Central Elementary, with the other five district elementary schools coming on board next year.
Marshall County Schools elementary instruction supervisor Abby Griffy joins Angela Hatton to talk about why her district is making the switch.