Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue July 30, 2013
Marksberry Sues Kentucky Democratic Party, Alleges Favoritism
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is the presumptive favorite to win next May’s Democratic primary for U.S. Senate, but like Republican Senator Mitch McConnell, it seems she will face more than a token primary challenge.
Owensboro businessman and Democratic hopeful Ed Marksberry filed a complaint with the Franklin County Circuit Court Monday. Marksberry alleges the Kentucky Democratic Party has shown unfair and illegal favoritism toward Grimes.
Marksberry says the KDP violated its own bylaws when it released a campaign announcement on behalf of Grimes early this month.
In the complaint, which names KDP Chairman Daniel Logsdon, Marksberry says the KDP's conduct has caused irreparable damage to his candidacy, and moves for “any further and just relief to which he may appear entitled.”
Marksberry and Grimes will both speak at this weekend’s Fancy Farm Picnic in Graves County.