Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri May 29, 2009
By Angela Hatton
Fort Carson, CO – Murray State University alumnus Major General Mark Graham is the Commanding General of Army Division West and commander at Fort Carson military base in Colorado. He has served in Operation Desert Storm and helped evacuate New Orleans residents during Hurricane Katrina. Since 2003, Graham has had another mission. This year Secretary of Defense Robert Gates nominated Graham for TIME's "100 Most Influential People" for his campaign against suicide. Angela Hatton speaks with Graham about his passion and the reason behind it.
The National Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1800-273-TALK. For more on suicide prevention, visit suicide.org.