Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed June 13, 2012
Marion Airport Plans for New Terminal
Williamson County Regional Airport in Marion, Illinois hopes to build a new terminal within three years. The airport offers eight daily charter flights to St. Louis.
The 16,000 square foot terminal would handle higher traffic than the current 40 year old terminal. Airport Director Doug Kimmel says the airport has about half the funding needed for the $10-million project; and will look to the Federal Aviation Administration for the rest.