Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Thu July 26, 2012
Many W. Ky. Counties Remain Under Burn Bans
More than half of western Kentucky counties remain under burn bans this week. Out of 22 counties, 15 have reported burn bans to the Kentucky Division of Forestry. Some cities, including Madisonville have issued their own bans on outdoor burning and fireworks.
Rain forecast for tonight and later in the week could lift the ordinances. Residents should contact their county judge-executives for details.