Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Thu July 26, 2012
Many W. Ky. Counties Remain Under Burn Bans
More than half of western Kentucky counties remain under burn bans this week. Out of 22 counties, 15 have reported burn bans to the Kentucky Division of Forestry. Some cities, including Madisonville have issued their own bans on outdoor burning and fireworks.
Rain forecast for tonight and later in the week could lift the ordinances. Residents should contact their county judge-executives for details.