Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu July 26, 2012
Many W. Ky. Counties Remain Under Burn Bans
More than half of western Kentucky counties remain under burn bans this week. Out of 22 counties, 15 have reported burn bans to the Kentucky Division of Forestry. Some cities, including Madisonville have issued their own bans on outdoor burning and fireworks.
Rain forecast for tonight and later in the week could lift the ordinances. Residents should contact their county judge-executives for details.