Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Mon September 3, 2007
Many Sounds of Jazz - Andy Bey and Shirley Horn
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Andy Bey is perhaps one of the unsung heroes of jazz singers. His distinct voice and wide range have garnered him a small, but incredibly faithful following. While vocal singer and pianist Shirley Horn may have had more celebrity, often performing at the White House, her talents may have rivaled that of Andy Bey's. As Dr. Brian Clardy explains, ability cannot be defined by popularity.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.