Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon September 3, 2007
Many Sounds of Jazz - Andy Bey and Shirley Horn
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Andy Bey is perhaps one of the unsung heroes of jazz singers. His distinct voice and wide range have garnered him a small, but incredibly faithful following. While vocal singer and pianist Shirley Horn may have had more celebrity, often performing at the White House, her talents may have rivaled that of Andy Bey's. As Dr. Brian Clardy explains, ability cannot be defined by popularity.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.