Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri May 8, 2009
Man pleas not guilty to burning courthouse
By Casey Northcutt
Bardwell, KY – The man charged with burning down the Carlisle County Courthouse entered a plea of not guilty Thursday. Circuit Court Clerk Kevin Hoskins says a grand jury indicted Jeremy Ellis last month on charges of arson, burglary and two counts of tampering with evidence. In addition to starting the courthouse fire in December 2007, Ellis is accused of destroying files in the sheriff's department and attempting to destroy two chainsaws in the sheriff's office. His pretrial conference is scheduled for June 4.