Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri May 8, 2009
Man pleas not guilty to burning courthouse
By Casey Northcutt
Bardwell, KY – The man charged with burning down the Carlisle County Courthouse entered a plea of not guilty Thursday. Circuit Court Clerk Kevin Hoskins says a grand jury indicted Jeremy Ellis last month on charges of arson, burglary and two counts of tampering with evidence. In addition to starting the courthouse fire in December 2007, Ellis is accused of destroying files in the sheriff's department and attempting to destroy two chainsaws in the sheriff's office. His pretrial conference is scheduled for June 4.