Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue July 14, 2009
Man Hit by Train; Lives
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A P&L train hit a man early this morning in the Reidland area. 27-year-old Bradley Hess of Missouri was apparently laying on the edge of the railroad tracks behind Papa John's Pizza on Clarks River Road. He was hit by the oncoming train, which was moving at 25-30 miles per hour. The train's engineer immediately called 911. Hess was admitted to Western Baptist Hospital with head injuries.