Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon August 24, 2009
Man Charged with Assault, DUI in Police Chase
Calloway County, KY – Kentucky State Police have arrested a man who they say struck police cars during an extensive chase through Henry and Calloway counties. According to a release from the Kentucky State Police Post on Saturday, deputies broke off the first pursuit of Eugene Duffy after they said he tried to ram them in an effort to escape, and because of his dangerous driving.
When another officer later pursued him down a dead end road, Duffy allegedly circled through a residential yard and collided with the police car before continuing to flee. A state trooper then spotted the car heading toward him and pulled out onto the road and collided with Duffy. Duffy was taken to the hospital and later charged with drunken driving, assaulting law enforcement officers, resisting arrest and other charges.