Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue September 1, 2009
Man Arrested for Construction Scam
McCracken County, KY – A Mayfield man wanted for a construction scam in Kevil Kentucky was arrested this morning in Effingham Illinois. Thirty-seven year old Jay A. Stanley of Mayfield received a seven-thousand dollar check from a Kevil resident for roofing materials. After several weeks Stanley did not show up for work, and the homeowner was unable to contact him. The McCracken County Sheriff's Department issued Stanley's arrest warrant last Thursday. He is charged with Theft by failure to make required disposition, a class D felony. Stanley is currently being held in Effingham awaiting extradition.