Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed April 11, 2012
Mammoth Cave to Offer Free Tours in Late April
Mammoth Cave National Park is offering two free cave tours later this month in recognition of National Park Week.
Visitors must pick up tickets for the free tours of the Discovery and Mammoth Passage caves, which are being given April 21-29. Park Superintendent Patrick Reed says outdoor activities benefitnot only physical and mental health, but "it's just plain fun."
In addition to the free cave tours, the park has scheduled special walks and other activities on April 21 and Junior Ranger Day on April 28. A full listing of activities is available on the park's website