Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Wed April 11, 2012
Mammoth Cave to Offer Free Tours in Late April
Mammoth Cave National Park is offering two free cave tours later this month in recognition of National Park Week.
Visitors must pick up tickets for the free tours of the Discovery and Mammoth Passage caves, which are being given April 21-29. Park Superintendent Patrick Reed says outdoor activities benefitnot only physical and mental health, but "it's just plain fun."
In addition to the free cave tours, the park has scheduled special walks and other activities on April 21 and Junior Ranger Day on April 28. A full listing of activities is available on the park's website