Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Fri September 11, 2009
Maker's Mark Sues Other Liquor Company
By Angela Hatton
Louisville, KY – A Kentucky bourbon manufacturer is suing another liquor company and its North American distributor. Maker's Mark Distillery is famous for the red wax seal on its bottles. Maker's says in its lawsuit that the red wax coating on tequila maker Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia's bottles is misleading. It has made some people mistakenly think the product is connected with Maker's Mark.