Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Fri August 12, 2005
Maker's Mark CEO
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Maker's Mark CEO Bill Samuels, Jr., enjoys telling his family's history in the whiskey business, which pretty much parallels the history of the Commonwealth. He visits his old summer stomping grounds in Paducah Friday, August 19th, to regale guests with tales at a benefit Distiller's Dinner at the Luther F. Carson Four Rivers Center for the Arts.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Samuels explain to Kate Lochte how his father succeeded in making a smoother, sweeter whiskey.