Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Tue February 28, 2006
Maiden Alley - World's Fastest Indian
By Bryan Bartlett
Murray, KY – Burt Munro never let the dreams of youth fade. After a lifetime of perfecting his classic Indian motorcycle, Burt set off from New Zealand to test his bike at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. With all odds against him, he set a new speed record and captured the spirit of the times. Munro's story is told in the film, "The World's Fastest Indian," showing at Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah this weekend.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Bryan Bartlett's discussion with Larry Thomas about the film.