Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- Kentucky Sees Big Change in the Number of People Who Drink Alcohol
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- MSU Alumnus Featured in National Geographic DocuDrama "American Genius"
Tue February 28, 2006
Maiden Alley - World's Fastest Indian
By Bryan Bartlett
Murray, KY – Burt Munro never let the dreams of youth fade. After a lifetime of perfecting his classic Indian motorcycle, Burt set off from New Zealand to test his bike at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. With all odds against him, he set a new speed record and captured the spirit of the times. Munro's story is told in the film, "The World's Fastest Indian," showing at Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah this weekend.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Bryan Bartlett's discussion with Larry Thomas about the film.