Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Tue February 28, 2006
Maiden Alley - World's Fastest Indian
By Bryan Bartlett
Murray, KY – Burt Munro never let the dreams of youth fade. After a lifetime of perfecting his classic Indian motorcycle, Burt set off from New Zealand to test his bike at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. With all odds against him, he set a new speed record and captured the spirit of the times. Munro's story is told in the film, "The World's Fastest Indian," showing at Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah this weekend.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Bryan Bartlett's discussion with Larry Thomas about the film.