Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Thu August 3, 2006
Maiden Alley - A Scanner Darkly
By Bryan Bartlett
Murray , KY – Have you seen the Charles Schwab commericals lately? You know.. the ones where the actors are eerily protrayed in lifelike cartoon paint? Well, imagine an entire motion picture that way. The process is called "rotoscoping" in which digital film is shot with live actors and then a computer paints over it. You can see the technique this weekend at Paducah's Maiden Alley Cinema in the film "A Scanner Darkly."
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Bryan Bartlett's interview with Maiden Alley's film booker Larry Thomas. "A Scanner Darkly" is showig this weekend. For information or showtimes, call Maiden Alley, or visit their website at www.maidenalleycinema.com.