Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue June 25, 2013
Maiden Alley Fundraising Continues
Paducah’s Maiden Alley Cinema has reached $60,000 of their $90,000 fundraising goal. The theater is raising the funds to install a digital projector.
Half of the money raised came from a campaign on the popular fundraising website Kickstarter.com. Maiden Alley Executive Director Landee Bryant says the switch to digital projection is a must for the theater to survive.
"A lot of the films that we show which are our bread and butter and how we stay open, which are our first run, bigger independent films will only be available in a digital format. So we have to do it in order to keep functioning as an art house, independent movie theater. "
Bryant says she hopes to raise all the needed funds by the end of the year. She adds Maiden Alley will keep its current 35 millimeter projector to use in future screenings.