Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu January 8, 2009
Maiden Alley "Doubt"
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – The film "Doubt" has a strong theatrical pedigree, having won playwright John Patrick Shanley a Pulitzer Prize and garnering a Tony Award for Paris, Tennessee-born actress Cherry Jones, who originated the role of Sister Aloysius, played in the film by Academy Award-wining actress Meryl Streep. Streep is accompanied in this production by fellow Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman. Add to these talents a controversial and provocative plot that focuses on the damage certainty and suspicion can do, and you've got a film that won't necessarily end when the lights come up.