Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu January 8, 2009
Maiden Alley "Doubt"
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – The film "Doubt" has a strong theatrical pedigree, having won playwright John Patrick Shanley a Pulitzer Prize and garnering a Tony Award for Paris, Tennessee-born actress Cherry Jones, who originated the role of Sister Aloysius, played in the film by Academy Award-wining actress Meryl Streep. Streep is accompanied in this production by fellow Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman. Add to these talents a controversial and provocative plot that focuses on the damage certainty and suspicion can do, and you've got a film that won't necessarily end when the lights come up.