Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu January 8, 2009
Maiden Alley "Doubt"
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – The film "Doubt" has a strong theatrical pedigree, having won playwright John Patrick Shanley a Pulitzer Prize and garnering a Tony Award for Paris, Tennessee-born actress Cherry Jones, who originated the role of Sister Aloysius, played in the film by Academy Award-wining actress Meryl Streep. Streep is accompanied in this production by fellow Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman. Add to these talents a controversial and provocative plot that focuses on the damage certainty and suspicion can do, and you've got a film that won't necessarily end when the lights come up.