Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Thu January 8, 2009
Maiden Alley "Doubt"
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – The film "Doubt" has a strong theatrical pedigree, having won playwright John Patrick Shanley a Pulitzer Prize and garnering a Tony Award for Paris, Tennessee-born actress Cherry Jones, who originated the role of Sister Aloysius, played in the film by Academy Award-wining actress Meryl Streep. Streep is accompanied in this production by fellow Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman. Add to these talents a controversial and provocative plot that focuses on the damage certainty and suspicion can do, and you've got a film that won't necessarily end when the lights come up.