Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri November 13, 2009
Mahr Donates Money, Land to Madisonville
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – Land for a future park is among the bequests left to the Madisonville area by philanthropist and long-time resident Glema Mahr. Mahr died earlier this month at the age of ninety-two. Her 250-acre family farm will go to the city and well as funding to help develop a park. Trover Health System will receive a trust for the Mahr Cancer Center. The Hopkins County-Madisonville Public Library and the county YMCA will each receive five hundred thousand dollars. A celebration of Mahr's life is December 13 at Madisonville Community College.