Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue October 14, 2008
Magistrate Faces Sexual Abuse Suit
By Carrie Pond
Madisonville, KY – A Madisonville couple filed suit Monday against a Hopkins County magistrate and the hospital that formerly employed him. The Madisonville Messenger reports Terrence and Barbara Campbell are seeking punitive damages after 7th District Magistrate Wesley Lynn allegedly assaulted Barbara Campbell last November at the Regional Medical Center. The lawsuit also claims RMC's inaction after she reported the incident led to other women being molested. Lynn faces two counts of first-degree sexual abuse and one count of third-degree sexual abuse. He was an emergency-room paramedic at the time of the alleged incidents.