Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon April 8, 2013
Madisonville Wins Arbor Day Award
The National Arbor Day Foundation has named Madisonville a "A Tree City USA" Community.
The city is recognized for its incorporation of an active tree board, tree care ordinance, community forestry program and participating in an Arbor Day celebration. This year marks the 18th time the city has received the award.