Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Tue October 7, 2008
Madisonville Soldier Killed in Iraq
Madisonville, KY – A soldier from Madisonville, Kentucky has died in Iraq. The Defense Department says 27-year-old Sgt. William P. Rudd died Sunday after being hit by enemy small-arms fire while on combat patrol in Mosul. Rudd was based in Fort Benning Georgia, and, according to the Madisonville Messenger was on his fifth deployment to Iraq.