Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 7, 2008
Madisonville Soldier Killed in Iraq
Madisonville, KY – A soldier from Madisonville, Kentucky has died in Iraq. The Defense Department says 27-year-old Sgt. William P. Rudd died Sunday after being hit by enemy small-arms fire while on combat patrol in Mosul. Rudd was based in Fort Benning Georgia, and, according to the Madisonville Messenger was on his fifth deployment to Iraq.