Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon November 2, 2009
Madisonville School Memorial Honors Fallen Soldiers
Madisonville, KY – Students at Madisonville-North Hopkins High School have a new reminder of the price paid by former students in the name of their country. Marine Lance Corporal Tyler Overstreet and Army Sergeant Patrick Rudd, both former students, were both killed in Iraq, and students recently held a ceremony to dedicate a black granite monument in front of the high school honoring the pair.
More than $1,400 in change was collected at local schools, and local businesses donated their services for the project. Tyler Overstreet's brother, Josh, attended the ceremony. He says he had a hard time soaking in everything there, and he liked that so many gave their time to honor his brother and Rudd.