Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue July 24, 2012
Madisonville Reinstates Burn Ban
Madisonville Mayor David Jackson has reinstated a ban on fireworks and outdoor burning within city limits due to continuing dry conditions.
The Madisonville Messenger said the executive order was issued Monday afternoon and remains in effect until further notice. Jackson urged residents to comply with the order to help preserve homes and property from damage.