Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Fri September 4, 2009
Madisonville Receives Some FEMA Money
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – Officials say the city of Madisonville has received partial reimbursement for ice storm expenses. FEMA has sent payment of nearly 1-point-6 million dollars for protective measures, debris clean-up, and electrical repairs. The money will be used to repay bank loans the city had taken out to cover the work. FEMA has certified up to 2.2 million dollars in eligible ice storm-related expenses for Madisonville.