Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri September 4, 2009
Madisonville Receives Some FEMA Money
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – Officials say the city of Madisonville has received partial reimbursement for ice storm expenses. FEMA has sent payment of nearly 1-point-6 million dollars for protective measures, debris clean-up, and electrical repairs. The money will be used to repay bank loans the city had taken out to cover the work. FEMA has certified up to 2.2 million dollars in eligible ice storm-related expenses for Madisonville.