Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri September 4, 2009
Madisonville Receives Some FEMA Money
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – Officials say the city of Madisonville has received partial reimbursement for ice storm expenses. FEMA has sent payment of nearly 1-point-6 million dollars for protective measures, debris clean-up, and electrical repairs. The money will be used to repay bank loans the city had taken out to cover the work. FEMA has certified up to 2.2 million dollars in eligible ice storm-related expenses for Madisonville.