Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
The Economy Project
Wed August 5, 2009
Madisonville Prescription Drug Discount
By Jacque Day
Madisonville – A new program in Madisonville will give residents some relief from the high cost of prescription drugs. Beginning mid-August, the city will provide free prescription drug discount cards to residents through a program sponsored by the National League of Cities. The cards offer average savings of 20 percent off the retail price of commonly prescribed drugs, and may be used by all residents of Madisonville with restrictions on the resident's age, income level, or existing health coverage. The NLC card can be used when purchasing prescription drugs at approximately ten pharmacies around the city, as well as at more than 59,000 participating retail pharmacies across the country.