Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu April 3, 2014
The Madisonville Miners Play 2014 Ohio Valley League
The Madisonville Miners is a summer collegiate baseball team that plays at Elmer Kelley Stadium. Madisonville has a long history in baseball, joining the KITTY League in 1916 for one season and resurfacing in 1922 for another season. The Miners returned from 1946-1955 with ties to the Chicago White Sox. They won the KITTY League Championship in 1949 and 1952. This year, the Miners make their return playing in the Ohio Valley League. Kate speaks with Chris Luttrell of the Miners about the team and the games this summer, on Sounds Good.
"We have a little history where our team started in Dawson Springs, KY, which is in Hopkins County, as the Dawson Springs Tradewater Pirates, and then we moved them to Madisonville two years ago and named them the Madisonville Tradewater Pirates and then this year we changed the name again to the Madisonville Miners."