Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Medical Examiner's Office Stays Open
Mon March 12, 2012
Madisonville Medical Examiner Office to Stay Open
Changes made to the Kentucky House budget bill would provide funds allowing Madisonville’s medical examiner’s office to stay open another two years. The Justice and Public Safety Cabinet previously sought to close the office due to budget concerns and difficulty hiring a forensic pathologist since the position was left vacant in June. The change to the budget provides for the office’s annual operating costs and also prevents the office from relocating through the 2012-2014 fiscal years.