Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue January 14, 2014
Madisonville Hosts One of Kentucky's Largest MLK Celebrations
Hopkins County reaches a milestone Saturday with a program celebrating the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. legacy that is one of the longest-running and largest MLK national holiday recognition services in Kentucky. Saturday's event theme is "Yesterday's Dream, Tomorrow's Reality," with the program starting at 4 p.m. in the Madisonville Community College Health Campus Byrnes Auditorium, at 750 Laffoon Street in Madisonville. Kate Lochte speaks with Tim W. Thomas of Madisonville, who serves as a Commissioner with the Kentucky Human Rights Commission.
Doors open at 3:00 p.m. The Kentucky State University Concert Choir, Madisonville's Martin Luther King Community Choir and the Madisonville-North Hopkins High School Chorus perform during the celebration, one of the longest-running and largest Martin Luther King national holiday recognition services in Kentucky.